Event #2

I attended the brainstorming on May 5th. This event was one of my favorite events that I have been to.  I knew I would like it from the description. I was so excited to put the actual octopus headpiece on but I didn't end up getting to so I'm actually still really sad about that. for starts finding the room was actually really difficult and when we first walked in the room didn't look like it I was in the right room. There were papers on the wall nd we were instructed to read some papers on the wall and watch a short introduction video.

The headset was supposed to be able to use electroencephalogram or EEG to observe the person brainwaves and have the two people get in sync so that their headpiece would show the same color. During the session, it was set up so we didn't get to see it actually work so that was disappointing but we got to do like a mock trial of it which was still very interesting to see. It amazing that people can really think and get on the same wavelength like that and it will just match the color. In one of the papers on the wall, it stated that brainwaves were first observed in the late 1920's by Hans Berger.
In the picture below you can see how the color of the octopus is different then they start to change colors. On the board, you see the different brainwaves and see the color that appears when they are in sync. I really liked watching. It wasn't that long of an event so it didn't get drawn out and boring





Hopefully, in the future, I will be able to go and actually do it so I can see my brain waves.

Comments

  1. Hi Angie, that sounds really amazing. Using brainwaves to produce a certain color is pretty cool. I actually attended an event by our own TA which she similarly did that of the sort and produced art. This artform was used to represent the future. As I am majoring in a science related field, this sounds really cool. It sound as if you had a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Week 2 Math + Art

Week 6 BioTech+Art

Week 1: Two cultures